Last updated: 6 March 2024

Next review: 6 March 2025

If you are moving out of your home, here’s a helpful checklist and tips about what you’ll need to do.

  • Contact the Tenancy team as soon as possible with the date you wish to move out by.
  • The Tenancy team will then ask you to complete a tenancy termination (Vacation Notice) form confirming the date you wish to end your tenancy. 
  • Unless you are transferring to another Council or Housing Association home, you need to give at least four weeks' notice, your tenancy will end midnight on a Sunday.
  • When you move out you must clear all your possessions and leave it in a clean and tidy condition, this includes gardens and or lofts.
  • You will need to tell your gas, electricity, and water companies that you are moving, and supply them with meter readings on the day you leave. You will also need to do the same for your internet / phone / broadband provider if you have one. 
  • You need to return all keys and electronic key fobs to us by no later than midday on the Monday after your tenancy ends. To do this you can either: 
    • Leave them in the black post box at the Cedar Wood House Housing Offices, 2d Fulbourne Road, E17 4GG – please ensure they are clearly labelled in an envelope showing your name and full address (including postcode). 
    • Book an appointment with one of our Housing Co-ordinators. We will take possession of the keys and provide you with a receipt. To book an appointment please use the contact details below. 

Moving home can be one of the busiest and potentially stressful things, so do get in touch if you have any worries or need some help and advice. We are here to help you. 

Contact the Housing Tenancy Team

Contact the Housing Co-ordinators