Last updated: 11 March 2024

Next review: 11 March 2025

Your council home is looked after by the Tenancy and Place Management teams and depending on your request your first point of contact will either be your Tenancy, Rent, or Place Officer. 

Officers can assist you with council housing information, rent advice and guidance, community matters, your rights as a tenant/ landlord, and how to live independently.

Tenancy officer

Your Tenancy officer is responsible for:

  • Conducting viewings and signing up new tenants
  • Carrying out settling in visits for new tenants
  • Processing tenancy changes including successions and assignments of tenancies
  • Managing anti-social behaviour and other breaches of tenancies
  • Supporting vulnerable tenants and how to live independently 

Please note: Tenancy officers do not manage rents.

Rent officer

Your Rent officer can help you with:

  • Debt and money advice
  • Help with maximising your income
  • Support with your benefits
  • Advice finding work
  • Help moving to a smaller property

Problems paying your rent? Please speak to your rent officer as a matter of urgency. 

Place officer

Your Place officer is responsible for: 

  • Carrying out regular inspections of your block or estate
  • Liaise with residents exploring ways of improving the area through our Positive Places programme 
  • Address any Anti-Social Behaviour complaints within the communal spaces
  • Ensure communal areas are obstruction free and oversee the caretaking and grounds maintenance monitoring.

Contacting your housing officer

Officers carry out very different tasks, so to ensure your query is dealt with in the most efficient manner, please ONLY contact the relevant team using the email address below: