Last updated: 30 August 2023
Next review: 30 August 2024
Apply for a property licence in Waltham Forest
To apply, you first need to set up a landlord user account.
You then need to enter your property details. If you give us the correct information, we’ll automatically work out what sort of licence you need. Your application will be saved as you go along, so you can review, update and add any documents required.
When you apply, you should have the following ready:
- details of the licence holder (name and date of birth of the licence holder)
- details of the property structure and safety equipment
- property facilities and room sizes (HMOs only)
- certificates such a. gas safety, electrical (HMOs only) etc
- tenancy agreement
- photos of the front and back of your property
- name and addresses of anyone with an interest in the property (including freeholders, leaseholders, managing agents, mortgage provider)
- payment card details.
If you own several rented properties in Waltham Forest, you’ll need to apply for each one. Remember, it is a criminal offence to provide false property information. If you do so, you may be prosecuted and fined.
If you have any problems applying, contact our Private Sector Housing and Licensing team.