Last updated: 11 September 2023
Next review: 11 September 2024
Planning policy consultations
Public participation is vital to delivering good planning. We want to ensure that our plans are supported by residents, stakeholders and the community at large.
Find out about our consultations, and how you can have your say here.
Consultation: Local Plan Part 1 Strategic Policies (now closed)
A draft version of this document was published for consultation from July to September 2019 for residents, local businesses and other stakeholders to comment on.
Following this consultation, we published a Consultation Report (PDF) in June 2020.
In October 2020, we produced a revised version of the document, retitled Waltham Forest Local Plan (LP1) - Proposed Submission (PDF).
Consultation on this document closed on 14 December 2020.
Read the Local Plan Part 1 document
- Download Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies proposed submission version (PDF)
- Policies Map (PDF)
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Key supporting documents include Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment. Other documents are published on the Local Plan Evidence Base page
- Main Report: Sustainability Appraisal (PDF)
- Main Report: Habitats regulations assessment (PDF)
- Download Equality Impact Assessment (PDF)
Have your say: Local Plan Part 2 Site Allocations (ends 14 January 2022)
We are now inviting views on the Proposed Submission Local Plan Site Allocations Document (LP2). LP2 identifies areas with the potential to provide new housing and jobs in line with the Council's local plan.
The consultation period runs from Monday 8 November 2021 to Friday 14 January 2022
LP2 is available at the following locations while the consultation takes place:
- Waltham Forest Town Hall, London E17 4JF
- Waltham Forest Branch Libraries
- The Proposed Submission Local Plan (LP2) document - Site allocations (PDF)
- See the Evidence Base below
Comments must be received by 5pm on Friday 14 January 2022.
The recommendations for each site are based on a number of different studies, topic papers, reports and evidence bases.
- New Road, Chingford Master Plan Report 2021 (PDF)
- Consultation Report (PDF)
- Employment Land Audit
- Employment Land Study
- Green and Blue Infrastructure Strategy
- Green Belt and Open Land Study
- Growth Capacity Study
- Gypsy and Travellers Study (PDF)
- Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan and Delivery Schedule
- North London Waste Plan
- Open Space Strategy
- Playing Pitches Strategy
- Retail and Town Centres Study
- Skylines Study
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment
- Urban Design Supplementary Planning Document
- Viability Study
Consultation: Local Plan Part 2 - Draft Site Allocations (now closed)
Read the Local Plan Part 2 document
Leaflets, presentations and newsletters
- North Waltham Forest information (PDF)
- Central Waltham Forest information (PDF)
- South Waltham Forest information (PDF)
- North Waltham Forest presentation (PDF)
- Central Waltham Forest presentation (PDF)
- South Waltham Forest presentation (PDF)
Local Plan newsletters
Local Plan newsletters archive.
Frequently Asked Questions
From September to December 2020, we held 13 open public engagement sessions. Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions - Waltham Forest Draft Local Plan: FAQs (PDF)
Want to be informed about future consultations?
Register on the council's Local Plan consultation portal
Sign up for the Local Plan email newsletter.
Glossary of planning terms
To help you read the Local Plan and supporting documents, we have compiled a list of planning terms and acronyms - a glossary of planning terms (PDF).