About the Local Plan
The Local Plan sets out our planning policy. It is used to shape developments and guide decisions on where, how much, and what kind of development is needed.
The council is currently preparing a new Local Plan. When adopted this will replace the currently adopted development plan documents including the Core Strategy (adopted 2012), Development Management Policies Document (adopted 2013) and the Area Action Plans for Walthamstow Town Centre (adopted 2014) and Blackhorse Lane (adopted 2015).
The emerging new Local Plan This plan has two parts:
Waltham Forest Local Plan Part 1 (Strategic Policies) – LP1
Waltham Forest Local Plan Part 2 (Site Allocations) – LP2
LP1 (Strategic Policies) is currently at the Examination Stage. See Local Plan Examination.
LP2 (Site Allocations) is at the statutory consultation stage. A Proposed Submission Document has been published. See below.
Please note that the consultation period on the Proposed Submission Site Allocations Document has been extended and will now close at 5pm on 31 January 2022.
Have Your Say: Waltham Forest Local Plan Site Allocations Document (LP2)
- LP2 Regulation 19 Non-Technical Summary (PDF)
- LP2 Regulation 19 Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF)
- LP2 Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendix A - Review of Relevant Plans, Policies and Programmes (PDF)
- LP2 Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendix B - Baseline Data (PDF)
- LP2 Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendix C - Site Allocations Assessment (Excel)
- LP2 Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendix D - Rejected Sites (Excel)
LP2 is available at the following locations while the consultation takes place:
- Waltham Forest Town Hall, London E17 4JF
- Waltham Forest Branch Libraries
- Download the Proposed Submission Local Plan (LP2) document - Site allocations (PDF)
- Use Commonplace to view and comment on the Local Plan
- Local Plan LP2 Consultation Exstension Notice (PDF)
- Local Plan LP2 Consultation Notice (PDF)
- LP2 Consultation Guidance (PDF)
- DRAFT LP2 Habitats Regulations Assessment (PDF)
- LP2 Equalities Impact Assessment (PDF)
- LP2 Local Plan Evidence Base
- Draft Skyline Study November 2021: Introduction, Methodology and North Waltham Forest Sites
- Draft Skyline Study November 2021: Central Waltham Forest Sites
- Draft Skyline Study November 2021: South Waltham Forest Sites 1
- Draft Skyline Study November 2021: South Waltham Forest Sites 2
Comments must be received by 5pm on Friday 14 January 2022.
Core Strategy and policies
The Core Strategy is the overarching policy document setting out the broad policy framework for all other supporting Local Plan documents.
Development Management Policies
The Development Management Policies document translates the strategic policies of the Core Strategy into more detail.
Area Action Plans
Area Action Plans provide a geographic dimension focused on the growth areas identified by the Core Strategy.
Local Plan policies map
The policies map has details of where development is planned and proposals to allocate land for specific types of development.
Contact: email@example.com if you require a high resolution PDF version.
Local Plan and London Plan
Our Local Plan, like other London boroughs, must be in 'general conformity' with the overall London Plan. This is the 'Spatial Development Strategy for London' and is set by the Mayor of London.