Last updated: 14 February 2023
Our plan for infrastructure
What do we mean by infrastructure?
The term describes both physical infrastructures like transport, waste, and energy and social facilities like schools, healthcare, and culture.
It also includes green and blue infrastructure such as sport pitches, playgrounds and our forest, rivers, and reservoirs.
Infrastructure Delivery Plan
The Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP) uses a range of data to set out:
- What infrastructure is needed for the future?
- When will it be required?
- How much is it likely to cost?
- How will it be funded and who is responsible for providing it?
- Are there gaps in funding? If so, how will these be addressed?
We will update the plan yearly as we receive new information, or when new technologies and solutions become available.
Download the Infrastructure Delivery Plan documents below:
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Part 1: Introduction and anticipated growth to 2035 (PDF)
- Part 2: Physical Infrastructure (PDF)
- Part 3: Social Infrastructure (PDF)
- Part 4: Green and Blue Infrastructure (PDF)
- Part 5: Funding, Governance and Delivery and Appendices (PDF)
- Infrastructure Delivery Schedule (PDF)