Last updated: 6 November 2023
Next review: 6 November 2024
Report dog fouling
If you see someone let their dog foul on a public street without removing it, please report it to us.
We'll try to identify the dog owner and fine them. We'll also clean up the mess.
When will we clean it up?
- on a public street, we’ll clean it on the normal street cleaning day
- in a children’s play area, we’ll clean it within 24 hours
- in a park or open space, we’ll clear it on the next scheduled cleaning day. (parks are cleaned at least 3 times a week)
Guide dogs for the blind are exempt whilst they're working.
Dog owners: place any bagged up dog mess into our street litter bins. We don't have separate dog waste bins.
Fines and prosecutions
We will investigate and decide on what action to take.
This could be:
- a fixed penalty notice of £80
- taking you to court - if you're found guilty, you can be fined up to £1,000
Read the dog control order (PDF).