Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools

Last updated: 10 November 2021

How will I be paid?

Council tenants

We pay Housing Benefit straight into your rent account.

Private tenants

We usually pay Local Housing Allowance into your bank account but may pay your landlord in certain circumstances.

Find out more about Local Housing Allowance

Housing Association tenants

We can pay your benefit into your bank account, or to your landlord.