Last updated: 3 January 2024

Next review: 3 January 2025

Changes in circumstances

If you / your child's circumstances change in a way which could affect their plan, you should inform their school or college. You should also tell us. Examples include a change of address or moving out of the borough.

Appealing decisions

If you’re unhappy with any decisions about your child's plan, you have the right to appeal.

Find out more on Waltham Forest Citizens Advice SENDIASS.

Read the SENDIASS guide on how to appeal (PDF)

Please see our Annual Review guidance (PDF)

The Government has confirmed that they are continuing the extended powers of the First-tier Tribunal (SEND), sometimes referred to as the ‘SEND Tribunal’, to make non-binding recommendations about the health and social care aspects of Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans. For more information, read our useful guide. (PDF)

Get in touch