Last updated: 24 January 2023
Next review: 14 November 2023
Unemployment support for 16 and 17 year olds (NEET)
16-17 Participation Service offers one to one personal careers guidance with a level 6 qualified careers adviser as well as information, advice and support on education, apprenticeships/work and training, so you can find opportunities that are right for you. Appointments are available every Thursday during term time and school holidays, from 10am to 4pm
Benefits of meeting with a Careers Adviser include:
- One-to-one support with a level 6 qualified Careers Adviser
- Motivation and confidence building
- Developing workplace skills
- Job search support
- Online job application support
- CV and interview preparation
Who is eligible for support?
- Aged 16-17
- Not in employment, education, training (NEET)
Register with 16-17 Participation Service
To book an appointment, parents or carers should register with the 16-17 Participation Service by email or telephone.