Last updated: 23 April 2024

Next review: 23 April 2025

If you’re struggling to pay your Council Tax, contact us as soon as possible. The longer you ignore a debt problem, the worse the situation becomes.

If you don't pay your Council Tax, there are a number of ways we can collect the money you owe. On this page you can find out what to do if we've started proceedings against you.

If you have received a reminder, final notice, or summons, and would like to query this, please complete the Council Tax Recovery Query form.

If you would like to make an arrangement, you can request this online through Council Tax Connect.

Existing Connect users must login. New users need to register.

Once you're logged in:

  • click "show details"
  • choose the "make an arrangement" option
  • follow the steps