Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools

Manage your council tax

Register your property. Create an online account. See account details, Set up a direct debit. Tell us if your circumstances change.

Register your property/new to the borough

If you have recently moved into the borough and do not have a Council Tax reference number, this may mean you have not registered at your property yet. 

Once you register, you will be sent a Council Tax bill containing your reference number, starting with a 4. Use this number to create your online account. 

Login/register for Council Tax Connect online account

Create an account Login into your account

Council tax now uses an online service called Council Tax Connect. To access, you need to register for an account.

Create an account

  1. Complete the registration form
  2. Log in by clicking the link in the activation email
  3. Go to the 'My Services' screen and enter your council tax reference number
  4. Answer the security questions*

*These will vary based on what information we hold about you. It will most likely be found on your latest bill:

  • Your council tax account number 
  • Postcode 
  • Phone number 
  • Amount of last Council Tax payment made 
  • Day of month Council tax payment due 
  • If you are paying by direct debit – bank account number from which this is being paid 

If you don't have the information, you can request a secure pin to access your account.

Already have an account?

If you already have an account for services such as housing benefits, free school meals, or business rate, simply add council tax under the 'My Services' screen.

Direct debits

To set up or amend your direct debit:

Change of address or circumstance

If you change address or your circumstances change, you can notify us within Council Tax Connect. This includes:

  • Moving into the borough
  • Moving to a new address within the borough
  • Not moving, but liable for council tax at their property

Landlords / owners / managing agents

If you're a landlord / owner / managing agent and you want to let us know that your tenants have changed, please use the Council Tax enquiry form and choose the option “I am a landlord/managing agent and want to tell you about tenancy changes”.



Contact us about council tax

Revenues and Benefits Service

London Borough of Waltham Forest 
PO Box 856 
E17 9PN 

Complete the council tax enquiry form