Last updated: 17 October 2023

Next review: 17 October 2024

Leaseholder buildings insurance

Buildings insurance is a type of home insurance that usually provides cover for damage to the structure of a home, usually to the walls, the roof, and floors.

At Waltham Forest, buildings insurance cover for leaseholders is provided by Protector Insurance. This differs from contents insurance, which usually provides cover for personal possessions against loss, theft, or damage. Leaseholders are required to purchase their own contents insurance.

Understanding your buildings insurance

A buildings insurance certificate is sent out annually to each leaseholder containing:

  • clarification of the policy provided by Protector Insurance.
  • the estimated service charge.¬†

How to claim

Leaseholders should contact Protector Insurance if they want to:

  • make a claim against your buildings insurance.
  • clarify any aspect of your buildings insurance policy.

Their contact details are below.

0161 274 9077 (Please quote the main policy number: 1888017)
Protector Insurance

7th floor
3 Hardman Street
M3 3HF

Protector Insurance Website

If you submitted a claim to Zurich who was the previous building's insurance provider, you should continue to deal with them. Zurich will see through all the live claims for incidents that took place up to and including 31 March 2020.

Changes in information

You must inform the Council about any changes which could affect your insurance, to make sure that it remains valid.