Last updated: 21 November 2023

Next review: 18 October 2024

Funding and Support

Get help to lower your energy bills this winter

It takes 2 minutes to use this tool to find the best scheme for you and apply today.

You can read more about the schemes below but the link above will quickly help you find the schemes you might be eligible for.

Lower Bills, Warmer Homes

We are installing low cost, high impact energy saving measures in homes in Waltham Forest to help residents save up to £175 on their energy bills.

Direct Delivery

If you are a vulnerable or low income household, Servicestore will conduct a home visit to install these measures on your property. You will need to own your home or get permission from your landlord. These measures include:

  • Radiator reflectors ​
  • LED Bulbs ​
  • Draught excluder (UVPC)​
  • Wood Door Strip ​
  • Support adjusting your flow temperature
  • Tap aerators​
  • Cylinder jackets 


Other households will be given the option to collect products and guidance to support installing measures in their homes. These measures include:

  • Radiator reflectors ​
  • LED Bulbs ​
  • Draught excluder (Wood & Aluminium)​
  • Fabric door draught​
  • Advice for adjusting your flow temperature

The ECO4 Scheme

What is ECO4?

The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government scheme to help eligible households upgrade the energy efficiency of their home for free. This scheme could save you hundreds a year on your energy bills, as well as helping to tackle climate change.

ECO4 supports the installation of energy efficient measures, such as insulation measures, and upgrades to heating, such as renewable heating. The main objective of ECO4 is to improve the least energy efficient housing occupied by low income and vulnerable households.

If you want to find out more about the ECO4 scheme, please visit Ofgem’s website.

How To Apply

We are working with two Trust mark registered ECO4 Installers. Please click on either link below and complete the short form to find out if you qualify: 

ECO4 is not a grant and energy companies are able to choose which projects they want to deliver. It is up to the energy companies to determine which projects they choose to fund, the level of funding they provide, and the Retrofit coordinators and installers they choose to work with.

ECO4 Eligibility

How do I know if I'm eligible?

ECO4 supports those in receipt of qualifying benefits and living in a house with low energy efficiency (EPC D or below).

Qualifying Benefits:

  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income Support (IS)
  • Pension Credit Guarantee
  • Credit Working Tax Credit (WTC)
  • Child Tax Credits (CTC)
  • Universal Credit (UC)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit Savings Credit

ECO4 Flex

ECO4 Flex is a household referral mechanism within the wider ECO4 Scheme which enables Councils to widen the eligibility criteria for ECO, allowing them to tailor energy efficiency schemes to their respective sector.

Download the London Borough of Waltham Forest - Statement of Intent

ECO4 Flex Eligibility: For privately owned housing (Owner occupiers and Private Renters) via Four qualification routes:

  • Route 1: Private tenure SAP bands D-G households with a gross household income less than £31,000.
  • Route 2: Owner-occupied or private tenure SAP bands E-G households that meet a combination of two of the following:
    • Proxy 1 Homes in England in Lower-layer Super Output Area 1-3 (LSOA). [Proxy 1 cannot be used with proxy 3]
    • Proxy 2 Householders receiving a Council Tax rebate (rebates based on low income only, excludes single person rebates).
    • Proxy 3 Householders vulnerable to living in a cold home as identified in the NICE Guidance 2. Only one proxy from the list can be used, excludes the proxy ‘low income’. [Proxy 3 cannot be used with proxy 1].
    • Proxy 4 A householder receiving free school meals due to low-income
    • Proxy 5 A householder supported by a LA run scheme, that has been named and described by the LA as supporting low income and vulnerable households for the purposes of NICE Guideline.
    • Proxy 6 A household referred to the LA for support by their energy supplier or Citizen's Advice because they are struggling to pay their electricity and gas bills. Proxy 6 cannot be used with proxy 7].
    • Proxy 7 Households identified through supplier debt data. [Proxy 7 cannot be used with proxy 6].
  • Route 3: Private tenure SAP bands D-G households that have been identified by their doctor or GP as low-income and vulnerable, with an occupant whose health conditions may be impacted further by living in a cold home. These health conditions may be cardiovascular, respiratory, immunosuppressed, or limited mobility related.
  • Route 4: Owner-occupier SAP band D-G households or private rented sector E-G homes that are referred under Route 4: Bespoke Targeting for low income and vulnerable households, who are not eligible under existing routes.

If you have any questions regarding the above please contact

Energy Advice

Energy Advice London is a free and impartial advice service for anyone living in London, funded by the Mayor of London, and delivered by Energy Saving Trust.

Anyone who wants advice and support on reducing energy bills or improving home energy efficiency can visit the Energy Advice website or via telephone 0808 196 8260

You can also find more tips on how to reduce your energy usage on our website.