Last updated: 17 November 2023

Next review: 17 November 2024

If you’re concerned about someone else, we may need to collect more information. With this information, we can decide if what we call a ‘section 42 enquiry’ is needed. 

We’ll need to find out if the person you are concerned about has the capacity to consent to the safeguarding process. We also need to find out whether they require an advocate to support them. 

When you raise the safeguarding concern we’ll agree on how to provide you with feedback about your concern. There may be some situations where we’re unable to fully disclose information to you, such as if the matter becomes a criminal investigation.