Last updated: 4 September 2023

Next review: 4 September 2024

Calculate, apply, and manage

Calculate your Council Tax Support

Use our benefits calculator to get an estimate of how much Council Tax Support or Second Adult Reduction you could get. You can use the information you entered in the calculator to start your claim form if you want to apply.

Apply for Council Tax Support

You can claim Council Tax Support if you’re responsible for paying the Council Tax on your home.

Help with your application

If you don’t have access to a computer at home, you can use a PC for free at one of our libraries.

Home visit from the benefits team

If you are housebound and don’t have any family or friends who can help you, call us on 020 8496 3000. Request a visit and briefly explain why you need one.

Providing evidence to support your claim

Once you’ve sent your claim form you may be asked to provide evidence to support your claim.

How to provide evidence to support your claim

You can only drop off evidence at the libraries Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm regardless of the particular library's opening hours.

Benefits Connect self service

There are a number of self service tasks that tenants, owner-occupiers and landlords can do online with our Benefits Connect self service.  It offers you fast access to your details, including support claims, payments and how we calculate benefits.

Report a change in your circumstances

You need to tell us about a move or change in your circumstances, so you can make sure you're paying the right amount of council tax and getting the right benefit.