Last updated: 27 June 2024

Next review: 27 June 2025

If you disagree with our decision

If you disagree with a decision about your Council Tax Support, you can: 

  • ask for an explanation of how we calculated your benefit
  • ask us to look at the decision again

You can challenge the council's decision concerning: 

  • your entitlement to a Council Tax Reduction under the scheme, or
  • the amount of the reduction which you are entitled

Your request should include the reason and grounds for the challenge and the period it relates to.  Any additional evidence to support the challenge should also be provided.

Challenges must be made to the council as soon as possible after notification of the decision.

Once a challenge is received the council will consider the request and provide a written outcome within two months.

Complete the Council Tax Support decision revision and appeal form.

Appeal to the Valuation Tribunal

If you're still dissatisfied with our decision you may, within two months, appeal to the Valuation Tribunal:

Valuation Tribunal Service 
Hepworth House
2 Trafford Court


Please note: The Valuation Tribunal cannot hear appeals about the content of the scheme, only about the way that the scheme has been applied to your individual case.