Services Click to get info
- receives and stores bodies for the coroner
- handles bodies with dignity and respect
- assist the pathologists with post-mortems to determine the cause of death
- assist forensic pathologists with post-mortems in cases where criminal charges may arise
- provide information and advice about post-mortems and what to do after a death
- assist the coroner to deal quickly with cases for faith or cultural requirements
Mortuary expenses Click to get info
|Special Post Mortem||£731|
|Infectious diseases Post Mortem||£515|
|2nd Post Mortem||£731|
|Releasing body out of hours||£172|
|Private Post Mortem||£515|
Storage charges are applicable 10 working days after the Coroner issues a release certificate
*Further charges may apply when out-of-hours service is provided. Please telephone mortuary to verify.
For information about a career in this field please visit the web site of Association of Anatomical Pathology Technology.
Opening times Click to get info
Opening hours for non-urgent matters:
- Monday to Thursday:9am-2pm
- Friday: 9am-1pm
Releasing a body out of hours Click to get info
The mortuary has an out-of-hours phone number to allow undertakers to collect bodies out of hours by appointment only. There is a £172 charge for this service.
Out of hours telephone: 07900 133 820