If you are worried that someone may see you visiting this web page, follow the link above to quickly go our homepage.
Is your partner treating you with the respect you deserve?
In a healthy relationship both partners treat each other with respect. Answer the following questions honestly to work out if your partner treats you with the respect you deserve.
- Is your partner willing to compromise?
- Does your partner let you feel comfortable being yourself?
- Is your partner able to admit to being wrong?
- Is your partner not jealous or possessive?
- Does your partner not try to control what you wear, where you go or what you do?
- Does your partner not physically hurt you?
- Does your partner not emotionally hurt you (by calling you names, threatening you, making you feel bad)?
- Does your partner try to resolve arguments and conflict by talking honestly?
- Does your partner enable you to feel safe being with them?
- Does your partner respect your feelings, your opinions and your friends?
- Does your partner accept your saying no to things you don't want to do (like sex)?
- Does your partner accept your changing your mind?
- Does your partner respect your wishes if you want to end the relationship?
- When someone loves you, you feel safe, respected and free to be yourself. You shouldn't be made to feel scared, intimidated or controlled.
If you have answered 'no' to any of these questions, you could be in an abusive relationship and may want to speak to someone.