Last updated: 24 November 2021
Tenant, resident and leaseholder association (TRLA)
A TRLA is a group of residents who are elected by their fellow residents to highlight and share their views of the estate and neighbourhood with Waltham Forest Housing Service.
Why create a TRLA ?
- you can be the voice for your estate
- improve the sense of community and wellbeing
- improve residents living conditions and facilities
- reduce antisocial behaviour
- get direct contact with Waltham Forest Housing staff
See our TRLA guide for more information on TRLA roles and responsibilities
How to form an association
You’ll need a minimum of four members to start. Each TRLA needs a chairperson, a vice chair, treasurer and a secretary.
We can support you with:
- free training opportunities
- start-ups grant of £250 for stationary, publicity, postage, hall hire, refreshments, fares to meetings
- discretionary grant funding up to £700 to enable you to hold activities / events in your area
- annual insurance cover for your association
If you wish to set up an association, contact us email@example.com