Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools

Concerned about someone who works with children?

Last updated: 15 November 2022

Next review: 15 November 2023

Reporting someone you work with

If you’re concerned that someone in your organisation poses a risk to children, you must contact your most senior officer within your organisation, it’s the law.

You can 'whistleblow' and pass on information concerning wrongdoing to a third party, such as LADO or the NSPCC:

  • if you feel that insufficient action is taken by your organisation’s leadership in response to reporting of concerns
  • if you are worried that you will be penalised for reporting concerns
  • if you continue to have concerns after reporting

All organisations should have a whistleblowing policy.

Anyone is welcome to contact the LADO team to discuss whistleblowing.

The NSPCC whistleblowing advice line provides advice and support.