Last updated: 15 November 2022
Next review: 15 November 2023
If you think someone who works with children may pose a risk to them, please tell us immediately.
You can call us on 020 8496 3646 to talk through your concerns, or email us at email@example.com
Organisations should follow this up by completing our referral form (Word)
We will make sure the matter is investigated properly, so that children are not at risk.
If you’re concerned about the safety of a child, but it doesn’t involve someone who works with them read our advise on 'worried about a child'
What to tell us about
Tell us about your concerns about someone who works with children, including non-work behaviour, including where:
- they may have caused harm to a child
- they may have committed a criminal offence related to a child
- their behaviour may pose a risk of harm to children
- they have difficulties with drug or alcohol misuse or other issues which might impact on their ability to do their job safely
- their own child(ren) has been the subject of a child protection investigation by children’s social care services
Who we are and what we do
We are the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) team and by law we have to ensure that any allegation into a person in a position of trust for a child is looked into.
We offer impartial oversight of the management of allegations against staff and volunteers by their employers.