Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools

Overpayments can happen if:

If you’ve been overpaid Housing Benefit, you must pay us the money back.

In the event of an overpayment, we will send you a letter and an invoice for the amount you owe.

There are several ways you can pay back the overpayment. You can either:

  • make a one-off payment to pay the full amount
  • set up a Direct Debit to pay in instalments
  • contact us to make an arrangement to pay in instalments