Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools

Report abandoned vehicles

How to report a vehicle you think has been abandoned.

How to report abandoned vehicles

We will deal with any vehicles reported as abandoned on local roads or property (usually including private property).

If you think a vehicle is abandoned, check the following:

  • Is it taxed? Check vehicle information from DVLA
  • How long has it been there?
  • What is the condition of the vehicle?
  • Has it any broken windows?
  • Is there rubbish / leaves around the vehicle?

An inspector will look at the vehicle within 24 hours (excluding weekends). If the DVLA gives authorisation, the vehicle will be removed. 

My vehicle has been removed

Removed as abandoned

If your vehicle has been removed as abandoned and put in storage at our contractor's pound, the following release fees apply:

  • £200 for removal
  • £40 per day storage (and any part day)

Please call Redcorn Ltd on 01708 526 760 during the hours 8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).

Removed as untaxed

If your vehicle has been removed for being untaxed, it can be collected from the pound during opening hours. Call Redcorn Ltd for information on the fees due:

Phone: 01708 526 760
Opening hours: 8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).

Redcorn Ltd
Denver Industrial Estate
Ferry Lane North
RM13 9DD

Disposal service for unwanted vehicles

We provide a free disposal service for unwanted vehicles. To have your vehicle removed, write to the address below and include the following information:

  • Authorisation for the council to remove your vehicle
  • Details of where the vehicle is parked
  • Your vehicle registration document attached to the letter

We will collect your vehicle within 24 hours of receiving your instructions. Please make sure you have removed all personal belongings from the vehicle. Once removed, we will inform the DVLA of the date that your vehicle was disposed of.



Abandoned Vehicle Section
Town Hall Complex
E17 4NX

Help with completing online forms

If you don't have a computer, you can use a self-service PC at any library in Waltham Forest to log your request/report.

Staff there can help you to log in and create a MyAccount.