What do you need permission to repair? Click to get info
Some maintenance requires you to get permission from the council before you start.
So contact us before you do any of the following.
- Anything that will affect the external appearance of your house - eg installing a satellite dish or painting the exterior.
- Front door. If you plan to replace your front door, please contact us first as all new doors must pass specific fire regulations.
- Lofts: Any space above your home belongs to the council. If you need to access this to do any repairs, you’ll need to get permission first.
- Laminate flooring: You need to make sure you have adequate sound proofing before you lay any flooring. Check with us before you do.
If you don’t get permission you may have to return your property to its previous condition at your own expense.
Waltham Forest Housing repairs responsibilities Click to get info
Waltham Forest Council, is responsible for maintaining the structure of your home, and all shared areas. This includes:
- your building's structure including the roof, guttering and window frames,
- maintaining the shared parts of the building eg lifts and stairs,
- shared plumbing/ heating systems/ electrics,
- buildings insurance.
How to report a repair Click to get info
If you find something that needs repairing, please contact us immediately.
Phone 020 8496 4197 Mon - Fri 8am-6pm
For emergencies outside these hours and bank holidays
Phone 0208 496 4197