We may be able to assist you with some funds to help secure your next accommodation. The aim of the scheme is to assist residents who are in Temporary Accommodation, homeless or threatened with homelessness to secure accommodation in the private rented sector.
Benefits of the find your own scheme
- If you qualify, we offer financial help to rent a property in an area of choice. We will pay one month’s rent at Local Housing Allowance Rate and 1 month’s deposit to be held on a government deposit scheme.
- If you are successful in finding your own private rented home, we will make a relocation support payment of £500 to you. You can use this one-off payment to assist with any costs associated with moving.
- An opportunity for you to find a property which is affordable and meets your needs (within Local Housing Allowance Rates)
- We make payments directly to the agent/landlord of the property on your behalf
The Landlord must provide the following
- Proof of property ownership
- An energy performance certificate (EPC)
- A gas safety certificate
- An electrical safety certificate
- A carbon monoxide alarm (if appropriate)
- A copy of the signed tenancy agreement