Last updated: 19 June 2023
Next review: 19 June 2024
Volunteer as a Digital Champion
Our digital champions are our dedicated volunteers to provide friendly face-to-face support to our residents at our library drop-in sessions.
There is no need to be a digital wizard. The most important qualities for being a digital champion is patience, and the desire to support fellow residents to overcome the barriers and improve their confidence and their basic skill.
The sessions will offer support on various topics on computers, phones, and devices including:
- How to print
- How to access word documents and other Microsoft Office skills
- How to access council services online
- How to send and receive emails
- Building confidence using a new device
- How to use Google and internet browsers
You can help someone to develop their skills and get to grips with technology and make a huge impact in their lives.