Last updated: 11 October 2023
Next review: 3 October 2024
An autumn 2023 Covid-19 vaccination is available if you’re at increased risk of getting seriously ill from Covid-19. See the full list of eligible residents on our Covid-19 vaccinations page.
The vaccine will:
- reduce your risk of getting seriously ill, being hospitalised or dying from Covid-19
- reduce your risk of catching and spreading Covid-19
- protect against different strains (variants) of Covid-19
Vaccine clinics for adults eligible for a COVID-19 Autumn booster vaccine
The NHS is now offering another Covid-19 booster vaccination to adults at increased risk of getting ill from Covid-19.
You are able to get the Covid-19 booster vaccine at a number of pharmacies across the borough. You can book an appointment at one of these sites on the NHS website The list of pharmacies in Waltham Forest offering the Covid-19 autumn booster vaccination are as follows:
- Mount Pharmacy, E4 9AA
- Wood Street Health Centre, E17 3LA
- Medicos Pharmacy, E17 9AP
- Leyton Green Pharmacy, E17 9DN
- Britannia Pharmacy, Queens Road, E17 8PX
- Anji's Dispensing Chemist, E10 7LA
- Leyton Pharmacy, E10 6PP
- Leyton Orient Pharmacy, E10 5NF
If you are registered with Chingford Medical Practice, Churchill Medical Practice, Handsworth Medical Practice, The Old Church Surgery or The Ridgeway Surgery, and you’re eligible for the vaccine, your GP should be in touch to arrange an appointment at Chingford Medical Practice. You can also book your vaccine at a pharmacy if you choose.
Which vaccine will I get?
The Covid-19 vaccine currently offered in Waltham Forest is the Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent.
This vaccine meets strict standards of safety, quality, and effectiveness. Further information is available on the NHS Covid-19 Vaccinations page.
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine does not contain any components of animal origin
You cannot usually choose which vaccine you have, however, you will only be offered vaccines that are suitable for you. This includes when you book your appointment online.
You can find out about the ingredients in the vaccines currently available in the UK:
Vaccine clinics for children (aged 6 months to 4 years) with certain medical conditions
If you are a parent of a child aged 6 months to 4 years who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, you will be invited to attend an appointment at one of the following venues:
- Woodgrange Medical Practice in Forest Gate
- Richmond Road Medical Centre in Hackney
- The Doctors House Surgery in Ilford
- Fullwell Cross Medical Centre in Redbridge
- Sir Ludwig Guttman Health Centre in Newham