Last updated: 17 November 2022
Next review: 17 November 2023
Who we are and what we do?
The Strategic Partnership Unit exists to support the four strategic boards in the borough, encouraging strategic, cross-Board work that improves the lives of local residents.
The four Boards are:
- Waltham Forest Safeguarding Children Board
- Safeguarding Adults Board
- Health and Wellbeing Board
- SafetyNet: our Community Safety Partnership
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices you can contact us by email or in writing at the address below via Strategic Partnerships Team Manager, Zahra Jones email@example.com
Strategic Partnership Unit
Waltham Forest Town Hall
Information we hold about you
The Strategic Partnerships Unit is a data processor, not a data controller. Agencies share data with us for various processes as listed below.
We may collect the following types of personal information and data:
- Email addresses
- Dates of birth
- NHS Registration Numbers
- Details of family members, associates and personal relationships
- Details of criminal offences and prosecutions including details of committal and release
- Reports of behaviour that may cause concern as they relate to safeguarding children and young people
- Professional opinions in relation to concerns and complaints
- Information about individuals who may pose a risk to children
- Information about individuals who are reported as missing
- Information about individuals who are to be released from prison
- School attendance
- Health information
We may also collect the following special category data:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Marital status
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Pregnancy or maternity details
Why we need your information and how we use it
In order to fulfil our statutory responsibilities, we will use the information we have collected for the following purposes:
- organising serious case reviews, safeguarding adult reviews or domestic homicide reviews
- supporting the statutory reviews of child deaths as part of the Child Death Review process
- supporting the review process for people with learning disabilities as part of Learning Disabilities Mortality Review
- carrying out quality assurance and improving practice work such as multi-agency audits
- inviting individuals to training and events
- circulation of information updates including our electronic newsletter
The lawful basis for the processing
The lawful basis we use in order to collect and use people’s personal data is:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the council.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable)
During the course of our statutory reviews and quality assurance work, data will be shared with professionals who are involved in the relevant review or audit activity.
We may also need to share information with national regulatory authorities and if this happens it will be through the provision of statutory powers held by those authorities.
How long we will keep your information
The length of time your information will be kept will be in accordance with the statutory provisions relating to the legal basis for the processing of the information.
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Mark Hynes. You can contact him at Data.Protection@walthamforest.gov.uk.
Protecting your information
Your information choice and rights
Complaints and contact details
Information Commissioner’s Office
If we’re unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).