2c Fulbourne Road, Walthamstow is currently occupied by Homebase.
While access is from Fulbourne Road a large part of the site is adjacent to Forest Road.
The site is in the Forest Road Corridor growth area within the Draft Local Plan.
What is planned?
The proposal is for a residential led development with commercial space and public space for community use.
What happens when?
- Thursday 9 April 2020: The developers, Inland Homes, planning application reference number 201182 regarding an Environmental Impact Assessment is validated.
The application is for EIA Screening and Scoping Opinion for the demolition and comprehensive redevelopment for up to 700 residential units (Class C3 and including PRS) in buildings of up to 18 storeys, commercial uses, new access arrangements from Forest Road, Car Parking, Provision of new plant and renewable energy equipment; creation of servicing areas and provision of associated services, including waste, refuse, cycle storage, and lighting; and for the laying out of the buildings; routes and open spaces within the development; and all associated works and operations including but not limited to: demolition; earthworks; provision of attenuation infrastructure; engineering operations.
- June 2020: The developers. Inland Homes, will be holding engagement activities to gather ideas and suggestions on possible uses for this site, and present the scheme’s development to date.
- You can see the exhibition boards and take part online
- Wednesday 15 July 2020: Presentation of Inland Homes vision for this site.
See the Inland Homes presentation online.
- Thursday 16 July 2020: Inland Homes begins second phase of engagement. Share your views with Inland Homes.
- Monday 3 August 2020: Inland Homes engagement phase two closes.
- Thursday 6 August 2020: 6pm Inland Homes reports back on second phase of engagement via video call. Reserve a place
- Wednesday 9 September 2020: Planning application, reference number 202512 was validated and statutory consultation begins.
- Winter 2020/2021: Planning application likely to go to Planning Committee.
Planning Application 202512 main supporting documents
- Site location plan
- Planning Statement
- Environmental Statement
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Method
- Chapter 3 Site and development description
- Chapter 4: Alternatives and design evolution
- Chapter 5: Construction methodology and phasing
- Chapter 6: Air Quality
- Chapter 7: Noise
- Chapter 8: Climate Change
- Chapter 9: Townscape and views
- Chapter 10: Daylight, sunlight, overshadowing and solar glare
- Chapter 11: Wind microclimate
- Chapter 12: Heritage
- Chapter 13: Biodiversity
- Chapter 14: Summary and residual effects
Keeping you informed
- Download Inland Homes presentation to Chapel End Ward Forum August 2020
- Download 2c Fulbourne Road email newsletter 17 September 2020
- Download Waltham Forest Council's 2c Fulbourne Road email newsletter 5 August 2020
- Download Have Your Say email newsletter 24 July 2020
- Download the Council's email newsletter 21 July 2020
- Download Inland Homes newsletters 18 July 2020
- Download Marlowe Road and Wood Street email newsletter 7 July 2020
- Download Have Your Say email newsletter 26 June 2020
- Download Inland Homes Newsletter 22 June 2020
More information is available from: