In line with government guidance we are changing the services our libraries offer.
Library Pluses will offer a click and collect service for books, alongside ebooks, e-events on our Facebook live page, and all the customer service facilities such as parking services as well as home book deliveries for those who need them. Four of our Library pluses: Leyton, Leytonstone, Chingford and Wood St will also be open for digital access for those who need it.
Our Library Locals will close and we will be using staff capacity from these to continue supporting the Track and Trace Service. We are stepping in to make sure we trace the contacts of everyone who reports they have COVID so they can isolate as soon as possible. Our specially trained staff will work 7 days a week to reach out to 100% of people referred to us. We will also provide advice on support available to those isolating.
Click and Collect
Walthamstow, Chingford, Leyton, Leytonstone and Wood Street will be offering the ‘Click and Collect’ service during Tier 4 restrictions Customers can search the online catalogue for available items held by these libraries and request books for collection.
Please ensure you only request the books from the Library you are collecting from. To place the hold you will need your Library card and pin number . If you are not a library member already, you will need to join online. You’ll receive an email letting you know when your requested items are ready. Please read our guide for help using the service.
Book delivery service
If you are unable to collect your books in person, our amazing volunteers can deliver your books directly to your door. You can search our catalogue on our website and select the books you would like delivered and these will be delivered to you within three working days. If any of the books you have chosen are unavailable, one of our friendly staff will give you a call to help you select other books you may like.
Access the library online
Register for a library card or manage your existing membership, through the Waltham Forest Libraries website.
Waltham Forest library card gives you access to:
- over six million books, eBooks and eAudiobooks across 170 London library branches - via the Waltham Forest Libraries website or our library app
- thousands of information resources and reference materials, including family history research tools, business and legal resources, and various newspapers, magazines and eMagazines
- free Wi-Fi and PC computer use in the borough’s eight libraries
- a range of online courses, including language lessons, driving theory test preparation and computer skills lessons.
Use our step by step guides to access thousands of newspapers, magazines, e-books and audiobooks.
- eNewspapers and eMagazines by Pressreader - User Guide.pdf
- Audiobooks and eBooks by BorrowBox - UserGuide.pdf
- Audiobooks and eBooks by Overdrive - User Guide.pdf
- Audiobooks by ULibrary - User Guide.pdf
- Audiobooks_ eBooks and eMagazines by RBdigital - User Guide.pdf
Keep up-to-date and get involved, please subscribe to our mailing list.
For enquiries please