Last updated: 30 August 2023

Next review: 30 August 2024

Paying for your course

Most courses will charge fees. For further education you may not have to pay fees if you receive Employment and Support Allowance and are in the 'work-related activity' group.

For access to higher education diplomas, there are loans available to people over 24 years old. These are called 24+ Advance Learning Loans.

Talk to your local college for further advice about funding a course you’re interested in.