Alternative housing choices Click to get info
Affordable home ownership
Discover lower-cost ways of owning your own home
Supported and sheltered housing
If you’re unable to support yourself independently, you may benefit from supported or sheltered housing.
How to apply?
Fill in the online housing self assessment form. This will tell you if you are likely to be eligible for and can apply for council housing.
Once you've completed the self assessment and received your reference number you can apply for council housing using this online form.
You’ll also need the following information before you start:
- names, addresses and dates of birth of people in your household
- National Insurance numbers
- immigration status
- address history for the past five years
- details of anyone who needs support from, or gives support to, your household
- any health or disability information
- contacts of your support worker/ anyone you wish to deal with your application on your behalf
- names of any household member who’s related to an employee or councillor of Waltham Forest Council
- details of any household member who’s had action taken against them due to anti-social behaviour, or been evicted for rent arrears.
Help with completing online forms
If you don't have access to a computer, you can visit a Library Plus branch where you can use a self-service pc to log your request/report. Staff are available to support you if you need it.
What happens next?
After you apply online, you’ll be given a temporary registration number. You’ll also be reminded to log on 48 hours later when you’ll get your bidding number.
If your circumstances change
If you move address, or any part of your application details change, let us know as soon as possible. This can affect your application.