Information we hold about you Click to get info
By completing the Legends of the Forest application form, you are providing Waltham Forest Council and Groundwork London with the following personal information:
- full name
- date of birth
- email address
- mobile number
- home address
- whether you work for LBWF (non-compulsory)
- how you heard about the volunteering programme (non-compulsory)
- clothing size (non-compulsory)
- emergency contact name
- emergency contact relationship to you
- emergency contact email address
- emergency contact phone number
- emergency contact home address (non-compulsory)
- whether you have volunteered before (non-compulsory)
- what you hope to gain through volunteering (non-compulsory)
- your favourite colour (non-compulsory)
- what previous relevant experience you may have
- gender identity (non-compulsory)
- age range (non-compulsory)
- ethnic group (non-compulsory)
- employment status (non-compulsory)
- whether your day-to-day activities are limited because of a health problem that is expected to last over 12 months? (non-compulsory)
- native language (non-compulsory)
- other languages you speak (non-compulsory)
Any disabilities/ mental or physical conditions/ illnesses or allergies you may have that affect your ability to volunteer? (non-compulsory)
Why we need your information and how we use it Click to get info
Waltham Forest Council only collect personal data about you that we need to deliver the volunteering programme service. We will only use that personal data for the following purposes:
- For Groundwork London to identify volunteer opportunities that meet your needs.
- For safeguarding purposes we will collect your contact information, emergency contact details, date of birth and details of any medical conditions that would affect your volunteering.
- For the purpose of service delivery, Groundwork London may get in touch with you before, during or after a volunteer opportunity you have attended using the contact information you have provided.
- For the purposes of service delivery and security checks, Waltham Forest Council will share your personal information with trusted third party partners such as event organisers, external training providers, and emergency personnel. for Legends of the Forest opportunities in which you have registered your interest for or confirmed your attendance.
- If you consent to being contacted via telephone or post, Groundwork London will contact you via this method.
- To maintain, measure, and improve the service, Groundwork London will use your information to compile quarterly statistical data, but this will never include references to a particular individual. Groundwork London will report this data to Waltham Forest Council. This will also include contacting you by email and phone quarterly and annually with our feedback survey.
- Your data will be stored on Waltham Forest Council’s secure two-step verification database with access restricted to Groundwork London Programme staff and Waltham Forest Council programme staff.
- As the Controller of your data, Waltham Forest Council London Borough of Culture programme staff will access your data in the circumstances below:
- Waltham Forest Council will access your data for the purposes of evaluating the London Borough of Culture programme to ensure it is reaching all parts of the community. All compiled data will be anonymised and never include references to a particular individual.
- If you are Waltham Forest Council staff, you may be contacted by Waltham Forest Council with Legends of the Forest volunteering opportunities related to Council services.
- If you have consented to be contacted about other volunteering opportunities in Waltham Forest, Waltham Forest Council will contact you with this information. In the event of an accident or emergency, Waltham Forest Council will contact volunteers involved.
- Groundwork London may use different mediums to access your data for portability purposes such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets or other devices. All mediums will be properly safeguarded with security pin codes/passwords.
- Groundwork London and Waltham Forest Council will contact volunteers via email and telephone.
- You will be able to unsubscribe from communications from Groundwork London and/or Waltham Forest Council at any time.
In addition, as part of the Legends of the Forest service we also collect the following personal data:
- Groundwork London record Legend of the Forest opportunities you have attended and the volunteer hours you have contributed which we use to compile statistical data to report to Waltham Forest Council. This will never include references to a particular individual.
- Groundwork London may document your comments and feedback to help monitor and improve the service.
- Your personal information will not be used or shared for purposes other than those stated above unless you agree to it
The lawful basis for the processing Click to get info
Waltham Forest Council and Groundwork London will only collect personal data about you that we need to deliver our service. We collect data under two lawful basis; contractual and consensual.
- Our contractual basis for collecting your personal data is that we would be unable to provide you with our service without the processing of your personal data. To ensure your safety and the safety of others, you are contractually obliged to provide your contact information, emergency contact details, date of birth and details of any medical conditions that would affect your volunteering. These fields are mandatory within the Registration Form and we will not be able to process your application without them.
- We also collect personal data under the lawful basis of consent which you may choose not to disclose. Any additional information you provide in the registration form is optional, but will support us to deliver you with an efficient service. This includes details about your clothing size, volunteering history and your skills.
For more details on the lawful basis see the ICO guidance
Who your information will be shared with Click to get info
Your information is being collected by Waltham Forest Council, and will be shared with Groundwork London for the purpose of delivering the volunteering service.
How long we will keep your information Click to get info
Groundwork London are required by Waltham Forest Council to keep your data until the end of the London Borough of Culture and Great Place programmes in September 2020, after which point it will be passed onto Waltham Forest as Controller of the data. Groundwork London will delete their records of the data in September 2020. Waltham Forest Council will retain your data:
- If you have consented to be contacted with other volunteering opportunities in Waltham Forest. You will be able to withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- For purposes of monitoring and evaluation of the LBoC volunteer programme until December 2020.
- If an accident has been reported by a volunteer, we will keep this information for three years from the date when the report is made.
Our Data Protection Officer Click to get info
Protecting your information Click to get info
Your information choice and rights Click to get info
Complaints and contact details Click to get info
These are included in the relevant section of the Corporate Privacy Notice.
If you have a concern about the way we are handling your information, then in the first instance you should raise this with us. We will take your concern seriously and work with you to try to resolve it. To raise a concern or complaint with us you should contact:
Contact Groundwork London Data Protection Officer: GWLondon.GDPR@groundwork.org.uk, Groundwork London 18 – 21 Morley Street, London, SE1 7QZ or call: 020 7922 1230
Contact Waltham Forest Council Data Protection Officer: Mark Hynes, Data.Protection@walthamforest.gov.uk.