Last updated: 30 May 2023
Next review: 30 May 2024
What is Let’s Talk
‘Let’s Talk, Waltham Forest’ is a neighbourhood improvement programme.
It aims to engage residents with open conversations about the practical improvements they want in their local area. Through engagement at events, online engagement and Councillor-led conversations, residents will be invited to submit suggestions for how they can improve their neighbourhood.
What you can ask for
You can suggest physical improvements, such as:
- improving a community space
- fixing potholes
- cleaning graffiti
You can suggest green initiatives, such as:
- more planting in parks and green spaces.
You can suggest infrastructure improvements, such as:
- building more cycle lanes
- creating a parklet for the community
How to submit suggestions
You can submit your suggestions through our online platform:
- Visit our Let's Talk online portal to get started
- Click on ‘tell us your thoughts’
- Scroll down and click on ‘show us where your improvement is’
- Using the map function, select the area you wish to submit an improvement in
- Type in your suggestion and click submit
If you prefer to submit suggestions offline, there will be lots of opportunities throughout the summer.
Councillors and engagement teams will be out and about across the borough this summer. Feel free to approach them and have open conversations about what improvements you would like to see.
Look out for Let’s Talk postboxes in your local library. You can fill out a postcard and drop your suggestions into the postbox.