Last updated: 27 November 2023
Next review: 27 November 2024
We are looking to deliver an artist commission that commemorates and celebrates the 75th Windrush anniversary in Waltham Forest. We are open to a range of proposals, however, examples could include the following:
- A film or photography project exploring the history of Windrush communities in Waltham Forest
- A heritage project commemorating the local Windrush community and leaving a legacy
- An exhibition, event or live performance, taking place in a public space or local venue in Waltham Forest
Our overarching objectives for the commission are as follows:
- To highlight how Windrush communities have shaped and influenced the cultural identity of Waltham Forest
- To create a greater understanding of the histories of local Windrush communities over the past 75 years
- To celebrate the contribution that Windrush communities have made to our Borough and commemorate their legacy, ensuring it is preserved for future generations
Budget and Eligibility
The maximum budget for the Windrush 75 commission is £20k. You can apply as an individual artist or with an organisation and will need to have a bank account with two signatories alongside up-to-date bank statements for audit purposes.
Your proposal must take place within the London Borough of Waltham Forest. Local cultural activity is often concentrated in Walthamstow, and we are therefore especially interested in projects that take place in Chingford, Higham’s Park, Leyton and Leytonstone.
In order to comply with the Council’s procurement regulations all proposals must be submitted via the London Tenders Portal. If you are not yet registered it is very easy to sign up by filling in your details on ProContract.
Please refer to the commission brief for more information on making an application and how we will assess your submission.
- Applications open: Wednesday 8 February 2023
- Applications close: Sunday 5 March 2023
- Contract awarded: Friday 10 March 2023
- Projects complete: Thursday 22 March 2023