Last updated: 22 May 2023
Next review: 22 May 2024
What we offer
Our Opportunities team provides specialist recruitment services. We support employers to identify motivated and enthusiastic recruits that will add value to their business.
Our team works alongside you to identify your vacancy requirements and advertise your roles across the borough, with the aim of attracting the best talent. We source “role ready” candidates in a variety of sectors including (but not limited to):
- Logistics and Warehouse
- Customer Service
- Facilities Management
- Health and Social Care
- Security and Construction.
We thoroughly brief candidates on the role and match then screen them to the job description. We ensure that they are a good match prior to putting them forward for an interview.
Our focus is on assisting Waltham Forest residents who have experienced disadvantages and any other challenges to gain employment, independence, inclusion, and control over their lives.
We work alongside many charities such as:
- Waltham Forest Job Centre
- Welfare to work organisations
- faith groups
- Waltham Forest College
- community groups and volunteers
These charities help us to support people with a wide variety of disadvantages and underrepresented groups into employment. This includes those with experience of:
- poverty and homelessness
- offending history
- physical or learning disability
- Identify as BAME/BIPOC
- Care Leavers
- Lone Parents
- Ex Armed Forces
- Domestic Violence Survivors
The impact of Covid-19 has widened inequalities amongst disadvantaged people and created a massive increase in unemployment. We also work with the council's Care Leavers programme, Tenancy sustainment, and Housing teams to identify those that may benefit from our Employer Partnerships.
Benefits for employers
We support employers to identify great candidates that come from a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities which is good for business. Our approach helps employers to:
- Promote Social Responsibility and Ethical recruitment practices. Support employers to create a diverse workforce that reflects the demographic of Waltham Forest residents and communities we operate in.
- Advertise your roles using our extensive partner network and communication channels via the website and social media.
- Receive high quality applicants who have been fully briefed and screened for the specific roles.
- Develop accredited and non-accredited training pathways to ensure that applicants have the relevant skills and qualifications for the role.
- Support with training costs for applicants who need job specific licences such as SIA, Health and Safety, First Aid, Food Hygiene, Food Handling and CSCS badges.
- Provide on-going in work support to ensure that candidates are settling into their new role.
- Our services are cost free to all employers. You receive dedicated recruitment expertise without a fee or any contractual obligations!
How to apply
If you are interest in speaking to a member of the team and finding out about how we can support your recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will get back to you within 72 hours.