Last updated: 17 March 2023
Next review: 13 January 2024
Apprenticeships are paid programmes that allow you to earn while you learn. Combining working and gaining formal qualification, usually one day a week at a college or training centre, is a brilliant way to progress your career.
There are currently over 190 career paths available for apprenticeships, in industries including accountancy, business, law, tourism, retail, media and IT.
National Apprenticeship Week 2023
National Apprenticeship Week brings together the apprenticeship community to celebrate everything that is amazing about apprenticeships. Throughout the week, Waltham Forest Jobs will come together with top employers and organisations to showcase the opportunities available to Waltham Forest Residents.
During National Apprenticeship Week we will be directly supporting a number of events within the Borough which include:
LASC Construction Jobs Fest
Tuesday 7 February 2023, 12pm to 4pm
Ever considered a career in construction?
Whether construction is in your DNA, or you've never considered it, the LASC Construction Jobs Fest at the London Academy of Sustainable Construction will offer access to some of the most exciting jobs and apprenticeships in construction and the built environment.
Visit the EventBrite page to reserve your free place at the Construction Jobs Fest.
Waltham Forest College Apprenticeship Information Day
Thursday 9 February 2023
Waltham Forest College is a vibrant and aspirational further education college working in close partnership national employers, offering Vocational, T Levels and Apprenticeship courses. We are proud to be an inclusive college, supporting and encouraging our students to ‘Think BIG’ in achieving their career goals to progress onto top universities and entering highly skilled and well-paid employment.
Visit the Waltham Forest Collage website for more information on the support they provide.
Apprenticeship Jobs Fair
Friday 10 February 2023, 10am to 4pm
Apprenticeships offer the opportunity to learn new skills and while gaining amazing experience in a wide number of industries and this is now your chance to discover more about how apprenticeship can shape your career.
This event will provide the chance to meet with direct apprenticeship recruiters, learn about new industries and opportunities, discover exactly what it mean to be an apprentice and receive tips and help on getting the role you really want.
Visit the EventBrite page to reserve your free place at the Apprenticeship Jobs Fair.
What is the Apprenticeships offer from Waltham Forest Jobs?
- Access to a wide range of local apprenticeship opportunities
- Pre-employment support including CV development, application guidance and interview prep
- Pre-employment and in-employment mentoring programs to better understand workspace environments
- Guidance and apprenticeship pathways including future career development
- Support with work based qualifications (e.g. functional skills, CSCS cards)
- Financial planning, guidance and details on the positive future an apprenticeship can provide.
- Dedicated support and guidance in the recruitment of apprentices or the upskilling of existing employees using apprenticeships
- Links with local apprenticeship providers, training organisations and support schemes
- Guidance to accessing and utilising apprenticeship levy, ethical apprenticeship recruitment, mentoring and industry recognition.
- Access to apprenticeship Account Management via EBS including the promotion of roles, active caseload, screening & selection and continued in-work support
- Advice and guidance on internal employee development via apprenticeship standards and the option to transfer existing roles into new apprenticeship opportunities.
To apply for an apprenticeship you must be over 16, living in England and not in full time education.