Last updated: 3 January 2023
Next review: 3 January 2024
London Borough of Waltham Forest Chit Chat Pitter Pat is a virtual home learning project for under 5’s.
Chit Chat Pitter Pat empowers and inspires families to have meaningful home learning experiences and supports schools and early years provisions in encouraging and advocating the benefit of these experiences.
Chit Chat Pitter Pat has weekly Learning Together Activity Cards created by Early Years Advisory Teachers with simple, meaningful activities families can do at home together. Including useful hints and tips on how to help children with these activities, what they like to do and how they like to learn - with handy, practical videos to show how they can be done.
Learning Together Activity Cards
- Festive fun activities (PDF)
- Being together (PDF) help your child become an independent, social and happy individual.
- Talking Together (PDF) help build your child’s language skills so they become confident communicators.
- Reading Together (PDF) is about enjoying books together.
- Being Together and Exploring (PDF) help your child develop, explore and manage their feelings and emotions.
- Counting Together (PDF) help develop your child’s early math skills
- Mark Making (PDF) is about children expressing themselves through different patterns, lines, textures and shapes.
- Moving Together and Dancing (PDF) exploring different and fun ways to move to our favourite music and songs.
- Talking and Investigating Together (PDF) showing a curiosity about different objects and their environment.
- Counting, Finding Shapes and Measuring Together (PDF) developing skills in problem solving, using shapes and measures.
- Being Together and playing games (PDF) sharing loving, funny moments and laughing together.
- Moving Together and Building (PDF) bringing those gross and fine motor skills together to support your child’s physical development
Chit Chat Pitter Pat’s Virtual Storytime Project
Two resident story tellers brought vibrant stories to life with amazing expression, actions, and singalongs. Individual and community stories were shared celebrating the diversity, home languages and families .