I have a credit on my account and want a refund?

If we have notified you that there is a credit on your Council Tax account and you want to claim this back.

Council Tax refunds

If you paid by direct debit, and a payment has been made in the last 6 months, we will refund any credit back to the account details we hold for.

If you have moved to a new address within Waltham Forest we may have already transferred any credits to your new account.

We no longer refund credits by cheque, so you will be asked to supply your bank details.

Requesting a refund on behalf of someone else

You can do this using our refund form.  You will need to provide the details of who you are, what relationship you are with the person and an Authority to Act on their behalf.