The Council recognises that everyone is different and has different needs. We aim to serve everyone in a fair, open and objective way. The Council will aim to give everyone the same opportunity for employment, and promotion, without discriminating against individuals based on a protected characteristic as per the Equality Act 2010. Where possible we will aim to eliminate/remove any barriers that may hinder equality of opportunity for our staff. We are continuously working towards creating a work environment that is more diverse and representative of the customers we serve.
The Council have developed a virtual dashboard that combines a wide range of HR metrics in one place. This data is drawn from SAP and HR records and then presented in an anonymous statistical dashboard.
The data has been used in the past on separate reports presented to managers and Management Board (MB), but this is the first time staff will be able to see a wide range of HR metrics in one place and filter down information regarding their directorate and service area.
The dashboard provides us with easily accessible and usable information to help us track some of the priority initiatives of the Council and measure our success.
Immediate opportunities to use the dashboard include:
- To analyse and report on the progress of the People and Pay Gap Strategies.
- To understand the evolution and distribution of the workforce and the impact of new initiatives.
- To support us to identify trends or issues in equal opportunities across the council.
- To support managers to develop talent from existing employees and provide opportunities to develop and progress individuals.
- To provide an open and fair appraisal process.
- To disseminate HR data in a timely, efficient manner and be transparent with trade unions.
- Easily extract insights to understand our variances against other authorities based on other data sets.
- Consider as part of the Equality Impact Assessment process and strategy alignments as part of staffing restructures.
The dashboard will be updated twice a year and reported to MB, Employee Networks, Trade Unions and widely to council managers.
We will share this data across the council, in order to keep transparency and communicate progress against our targets.
For further information please contact Human Resources team.