Last updated: 18 November 2022
Next review: 18 November 2023
Who we are and what we do
We want to make sure that as many staff as possible are protected from the seasonal flu this year. This will not only keep you safe but will also help protect service users, colleagues, family and friends. The Public Health Team are working in collaboration with HR, Health and Safety, Social Care teams and our new partner Fairview Health Ltd.
For the 2021 flu season, the main change will be how your data will be captured and processed. In previous years bookings were recorded internally and the details were passed to the pharmacist on the day of the on-site clinic to ensure the right person turned up, and to remind staff of their appointments. Our new partner Fairview Health Ltd. will be controlling the booking form and will be providing the Council with some information to analyse bookings and uptake of vaccine (i.e. by age, directorate, team).
If you have questions regarding this service or our privacy practices, you can contact us by e-mail at the address below:
Public Health in the Families Directorate
Health and Safety, Corporate Development Directorate
Can contact via email below:
Information we hold about you
Where relevant to do so and appropriate we, or our partner Fairview Health Ltd, may process the following information about you:
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Registered GP Address /NHS Number (if known)
- Team within the Council
- Directorate within the Council
Why we need your information and how we use it
We consider your privacy with great importance and will only use your personal information to:
- Name, Telephone, Email: To confirm an appointment for the flu jab and to ensure that we know who is turning up for which timed appointment. Confirmation of appointment will be sent to either the telephone number or email provided. We may need to contact you if there is an issue with the clinics i.e. cancellations.
- Date of Birth: This is to confirm that we are vaccinating the correct person i.e. by asking to check your DOB and confirming with records. We also need to know this to ensure the correct vaccine is administered.
- Registered GP Address/NHS Number (if known): This is for Fairview Ltd. to provide your GP practice with your vaccination information to be updated onto your health records. This also supports national uptake data for flu vaccination.
- Team/Directorate: This information is used purely for monitoring purposes to understand which areas of the organisation are booking their vaccine from. This will help us to distinguish which parts of the business need more communication about the offer.
The lawful basis for the processing
You will only be asked for personal information that is appropriate and proportionate to enable us to deliver the services effectively.
The lawful basis for processing and sharing your data is based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any point by emailing the above contact details.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable)
This information will be held by Fairview Health Ltd., and only shared/processed between pharmacists delivering the service i.e. whoever is delivering the flu vaccine clinic from their organisation on the day, and your registered GP practice (i.e. to record type/batch/date of vaccination for your health records).
Names of those arriving at appointments at certain times may be shared with an LBWF staff member supporting the running of the clinic. However, any personal information is not processed/or taken away by the staff member. This will be handed back to the pharmacist to dispose of sensitively i.e. shredded following clinic.
Only in some cases i.e. in case of emergency, your information may be required to be shared by a Fairview Health Ltd. Employee with your GP or with a hospital. This would be the case if, for example, a health issue occurred during your vaccination. This is very rare and information sharing would be required as a duty of care.
How long we will keep your information
Information will be deleted as soon as the analysis is done (12 months from the first clinic) i.e. no of bookings, uptake from departments and the booking system shut down immediately following the last clinic (November 2020).
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Mark Hynes. You can contact him at Data.Protection@walthamforest.gov.uk.
Protecting your information
Your information choice and rights
Complaints and contact details
Information Commissioner’s Office
If we’re unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).