Who we are and what we do
We are the Waltham Forest Council Business Growth and Enterprise Team. We work with local businesses, investors and employers, and internal teams such as Property, Culture, Business Rates, Adult Learning Service, Strategic Regeneration and others, to support socio-economic growth in the borough.
By submitting your information to us, you are consenting for Waltham Forest Council to be the ‘Controller’ of your data. Waltham Forest Council determines the purposes and means of processing your personal data as stated below.
Business Growth, Investment & Employment Team
1 Farnan Avenue
Phone: 0208 496 3000
Information we hold about you
We only collect personal data about you, that we need in order to support your business or enterprise. We will only use personal data for the following purposes:
- To identify internal opportunities which meet your needs.
- For the purposes of service delivery, the Business Growth Team may get in touch with you using the contact information you have provided.
- For the purposes of service delivery, Waltham Forest Council will share your personal information with trusted third-party partners such as event organisers, external training and support providers, and internal personnel.
- Your data will be stored on Waltham Forest Council’s secure two-step verification database with access restricted to Waltham Forest Council programme staff.
- Waltham Forest may use different mediums to access your data for portability purposes such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets or other devices. All mediums will be properly safeguarded with security pin codes/passwords.
- You will be able to unsubscribe from communications from Waltham Forest Council at any time
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may collect personal information about you from third party sources.
We have subscribed to the Beauhurst Platform, a searchable database of the UK’s high-growth companies. The personal data we collect from Beauhurst is limited to name, job title and email address. Beauhurst process this data on the grounds of legitimate interests. No sensitive personal data is processed on the platform. More information can be found on their privacy notice.
Why we need your information and how we use it
There are many different reasons for using personal data, you will know best the particular reasons why you use data. Typical purposes could include marketing, order processing and staff administration.
We hold your data because you have signed up to our mailing list and have consented to us processing your data for the purpose(s) you have provided it, or your data has been collected in person and you have consented to us processing your data for the purpose(s) you have provided it.
We use your data to:
- Notify you of supply chain opportunities, and notification of tenders.
- Notify you of business support programmes and events, which may be of benefit to you.
- Broker business to business connections, where appropriate.
- Invite you to join Council facilitated business networks.
- To respond to the local business community in light of emergencies or pandemics in order to mitigate their impact on the local economy.
The lawful basis for the processing
Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
For more details on the Lawful Basis see the ICO guidance.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable)
We may share your data with:
- Businesses, where there may be a legitimate business to business relationship opportunities
- Business, investment and employment event organisers
- Workspace providers
- External training and support providers
- Other council departments
As part of our COVID-19 emergency response we have commissioned a High Street business support plan, to be delivered by Save the High Street (Colex Connect Ltd). This will require some data sharing between the Council and Save the High Street. To deliver a successful service to you the Council and Save the High Street will share the names of businesses, name of owner/manager, telephone, email and a summary of the business.
How long we will keep your information
Your personal data will be retained for only as long as you consent to it being held.
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Mark Hynes. You can contact him at Data.Protection@walthamforest.gov.uk
Protecting your information
Your information choice and rights
Complaints and contact details
Information Commissioner’s Office
If we’re unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).