Appeal timetable Click to get info
For applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
For in year admissions, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
We only consider one appeal for each school in the same school year. In exceptional circumstances, you may be able to appeal for the same school more than once. There would need to have been a significant change in your circumstances since your first appeal.
Timetable for Secondary School Transfer Appeals 2018
Appeal Forms to be returned to the Schools Admission Service by:
Secondary Appeals heard (parents will receive at least 10 days notice of appeal date):
|14 May to 8 June|
Any casuals and secondary mop-up appeals heard w/c 9 July.
Timetable for Reception Appeals 2018
Appeal Forms to be returned to Schools Admission Service by:
Primary Appeals heard (parents will receive at least 10 days notice of appeal date):
|2 to 13 July|
16 July to 20 July – Any casuals and primary mop-up appeals heard.
Academies, Voluntary Aided (Faith), Trust and Foundation schools Click to get info
To appeal for a place at an Academy, Voluntary Aided, Trust or Foundation School please visit the school’s website or contact the school for their appeal procedures. Please note that the appeal timetable for these schools may differ from the timetables above. Contact details for these schools are available in the Starting Primary School 2018 and Starting Secondary School 2018 brochures.
Please see a list of these schools below.
- Buxton School
- Chingford Foundation School
- Connaught School for Girls
- Eden Girl's School Waltham Forest
- Highams Park School
- Holy Family Catholic School and Sixth Form
- Norlington School and Sixth Form
- Rushcroft Foundation School
- Walthamstow Academy
- Barclay Primary School
- Buxton School
- Chapel End Junior Academy
- Chingford Hall Primary School
- Davies Lane Primary School
- Emmanuel Community School
- Hillyfield Primary Academy
- Larkswood Primary School
- Longshaw Primary School
- Mayville Primary School
- Our Lady and St George's Catholic Primary School
- Riverley Primary School
- Roger Ascham Primary School
- Selwyn Primary School
- St Joseph's Catholic Infant School
- St Joseph's Catholic Junior School
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- St Mary's CofE Primary School
- St Patrick's Catholic Primary School
- St Saviour's Church of England Primary School
- Sybourn Primary School
- Thomas Gamuel Primary School
- Walthamstow Primary Academy
- Whittingham Primary Academy
- Willow Brook Primary School Academy
- Woodside Primary Academy
- Yardley Primary School
If you are appealing for a school outside Waltham Forest, you should contact the local authority concerned.
Contact Click to get info
School Admission - Postal Address Only
Waltham Forest Town Hall
Telephone: 020 8496 3000
School Admissions - Appointment Service
1 Farnham Avenue
Currently we are open at The Magistrates every Monday 9.30am to 4.30pm and Wednesday from 1.30pm to 4.3pm by appointment only to meet with parents. Please note opening times are subject to change due to the demand and peaks on the timeline. Please ring 0208 496 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment.