Non-electrical items (such as furniture) Click to get info
Our recommended recycling partner, Bright Sparks carry out large item collections for furniture that is in good condition.
They collect for free every Wednesday and Saturday for residents in Waltham Forest.
For all other large non-electrical items, our waste collection team will collect up to five suitable items – free of charge.
On the collection day please leave the item outside by 6am, as close as possible to the front of your property.
If you live above a shop, please only put your items outside the night before your collection.
Please note that the collection crew can't enter your property to take your items.
Before you book, you need to:
- check if your items are on our suitable items list
- make sure you have set up an online account with us (if not, registration takes a couple of minutes)
- have details on the type and condition of your items
If you need further assistance, contact us: email@example.com
Electrical items ('white goods') Click to get info
Recycle white goods
- All electrical items - our recommended recycling partner 123 Recycle collects all electrical items (working or not). Book a free collection from 123 Recycle on 0207 993 6554.
- Large electrical items - can be disposed of, or recycled, at one of the borough’s three waste and recycling centres.
- Small electrical items - (less than 52cm x 52cm) such as kettles, toasters or phones, can be recycled via any of the grey small electrical recycling banks located around the borough.
For a fee (starting from £25 per one standard size item), we will collect up to three electrical whites goods from your home per order.
Examples of large electrical items we collect:
- Air conditioners
- Clothes dryers
- Washing machines
- £25 for one standard size item
- £35 for two standard size items
- £35 for one oversize item
- £45 for three standard size items
- £45 for one oversize and one standard item
Standard items are too large to fit easily in a car but less than a one cubic yard in volume (0.765 cubic meters).
Oversized items are anything larger than this. They count as two items out of your three-item maximum per order.
On collection day your items must be ready at 8.30am. If they're being collected from inside, please make sure you’re in when we arrive and that the appliance is disconnected.
Before you book, you’ll need to:
- have details ready about your items
- have access to a credit or debit card to pay for this service
You'll get an immediate email confirmation of your payment. You’ll get a second email within one working day to confirm your collection date and time.
Cancel a large item collection Click to get info
If your booking was made with Waltham Forest Council, two working days’ notice is needed to cancel or change the collection.
You can change or cancel the collection of council arranged:
- non-electrical items, by navigating to your case in your online My Account.
- electrical items, by responding to the confirmation email you received.
Report a missed large item collection Click to get info
If your item collection did not occur on the working day after your confirmed collection date, please report:
- non-electrical items via My Account as a missed collection. If there is a reason for the missed collection, you'll find this information in your booking.
- electrical items, by responding to the confirmation email you received
House or garden clearance Click to get info
For a house or garden clearance, or any other requirements that aren’t covered above by our standard services, contact us for a competitive quote.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with as many details as you can about the items or rubbish you want clearing, including:
- the address of the property
- a daytime contact phone number
We’ll get back to you within two working days. If you need a faster response, please tell us in your email and we’ll do our best to help.
After discussing your needs (we might need to visit you), we’ll email you a quote.