Member services and facilities Click to get info
Hale End Library offers the following free services and facilities for members:
- books: print titles, eBooks and eAudiobooks available for loan or download
- newspapers and magazines: latest editions available to read in the library
- computers: PCs with Microsoft Office software and internet access
- Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the building
- online courses: access a range of free learning material, including language lessons, driving theory test preparation, and computing skills lessons
- public toilet (wheelchair accessible) and baby change facility
Library members can also access the following 'paid for' services with their library card:
- printing and photocopying
- fax machine
- room hire
Visit the Waltham Forest Libraries Arena website for more information on the above services. Alternatively, give us a call or visit us in person.
Regular events and activities calendar Click to get info
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme, 10.30am to 11am
- Silver Surfers IT Workshop for ages 55+ (first Wednesday of the month, term time only), 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Family History Group (meets approx. once a month), 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Rhyme Time (term time only), 1pm to 3pm
- Hale End Book Group (third Friday of each month), 2pm to 3pm
For further details and availability for any specific event, get in touch or ask a member of library staff.
The library also hosts a series of special events and seasonal activities throughout the year. To find out more and book tickets, visit the Waltham Forest Libraries Arena website.
Hale End user group Click to get info
The user group contributes suggestions to the library regarding the development of:
- activities and events
- use of the building and facilities
- links with local groups and community involvement.
The group meets quarterly, with around 10 participants representing local groups and interests. We are looking for new members to represent young people.
If you are interested in joining the user group, please contact us or enquire with a member of staff at the library.