In line with government guidance, we are pleased to announce that all libraries with the exception of Lea Bridge, will return to their usual opening hours from Monday 12th April 2021.
Lea Bridge library
Lea Bridge is in the final stages of its development and we will update residents on its opening date in due course.
Walthamstow library will continue to support the vaccination programme and we have relocated our books to a different area to allow book browsing for our residents. This area does not have step free access, so we will be continuing our Click and Collect service for your convenience. We are also able to continue offering purchases of parking permits. Opening Hours are Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm.
Chingford, Wood Street, Leyton and Leytonstone libraries
Wood Street library will reopen their café for take away hot drinks only and we look forward to welcoming you back. All libraries will reopen for customer service, digital access and book browsing. We will also be continuing our Click and Collect service for added convenience.
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 6pm
- Sunday: 12pm to 4pm
Hale End and Higham Hill Libraries
Both libraries will reopen for their usual hours offering digital access and book browsing
Click and Collect
We will be continuing this service at Chingford, Walthamstow, Wood Street, Leyton and Leytonstone libraries. Customers can search the online catalogue for available items held by these libraries and request books for collection.
Please ensure you only request the books from the Library you are collecting from. To place the hold you will need your Library card and pin number . If you are not a library member already, you will need to join online. You’ll receive an email letting you know when your requested items are ready. Please read our guide for help using the service.
Book delivery service
If you are unable to collect your books in person, our amazing volunteers can deliver your books directly to your door. You can search our catalogue on our website and select the books you would like delivered and these will be delivered to you within three working days. If any of the books you have chosen are unavailable, one of our friendly staff will give you a call to help you select other books you may like.
Access the library online
Register for a library card or manage your existing membership, through the Waltham Forest Libraries website.
Waltham Forest library card gives you access to:
- over six million books, eBooks and eAudiobooks across 170 London library branches - via the Waltham Forest Libraries website or our library app
- thousands of information resources and reference materials, including family history research tools, business and legal resources, and various newspapers, magazines and eMagazines
- free Wi-Fi and PC computer use in the borough’s eight libraries
- a range of online courses, including language lessons, driving theory test preparation and computer skills lessons.
Use our step by step guides to access thousands of newspapers, magazines, e-books and audiobooks.
- eNewspapers and eMagazines by Pressreader - User Guide.pdf
- Audiobooks and eBooks by BorrowBox - UserGuide.pdf
- Audiobooks and eBooks by Overdrive - User Guide.pdf
- Audiobooks by ULibrary - User Guide.pdf
- Audiobooks_ eBooks and eMagazines by RBdigital - User Guide.pdf
Keep up-to-date and get involved, please subscribe to our mailing list.
For enquiries please