Residential care, supported and sheltered housing

Adult social care and health

There are options available to you if you need extra support to live at home independently.

There are two types of care homes: Residential homes and nursing care home.
Extra care housing is a type of specialised housing that provides independence and choice to adults with complex care needs.
If you’re finding it hard to live independently as you’re getting older, or you have a health c
Shared Lives helps adults who need support to share in family and community life.
Information about finding Sheltered Housing.