Important service update
Large item collection bookings have resumed.
Covid-19 and household bin collections
If you or anyone in your household have had symptoms of Coronavirus, or it’s been confirmed that someone in your household has had Coronavirus, all contaminated waste materials from your household should be disposed of as follows:
- All contaminated items produced, including tissues, cleaning cloths and wipes and masks, need to be put into a plastic bag. Tie the top of the bag to prevent escape of the material
- Put the bag inside another bin liner and tie the top of the bag.
- Keep the bagged waste for a period of 72 hours in a place that cannot be accessed by other people or pets.
- Put the bag in your wheeled waste bin for safe collection by our crew. The bagged waste must be contained in your wheeled bin and the bin put out to your normal collection point. If you have a communal bin area, please ensure your bagged waste is contained within the communal bin so other residents don’t have to come into contact with it.
- If you live in a flat above a shop, you will need to ensure your contaminated waste is appropriately bagged following the above guidelines, and then put it onto your collection point on the street for the day of your collection.
- If you have an assisted collection, bag the waste as described above, and put it out in your usual assisted collection point in your wheeled bin.