Waltham Forest is proud to present a newly built short break service in Leyton Green Road.
Designed and equipped to fit the needs of young people with mild to severe disabilities and learning difficulties.
The new site, situated at Lester House is available to give those aged 8 to 17 the chance to experience a range of fun activities, exciting opportunities and the chance to interact with their peers and our experienced staff.
We provide both afterschool, overnight and day care schemes, 7 days a week, to help support our service users and their families and provide them with a well-deserved break from the regular care arrangement.
Our new facility also has a dedicated unit for up to three young people to live with us on a medium to long term basis in a fully accessible yet homely setting with full access to all the specialist facilities at Lester House
You can be confident that your child will enjoy their time at Lester House, while being supported and cared for by our experienced specialist staff.
As a brand new building, our Ofsted registration is new, but our team, approach and ethos have come with us from our old site where Ofsted graded us Good
"Children receive high-quality care, which meets their individual needs. This short break service and the staff contribute to children’s enjoyment and to the whole family’s well-being. Children enjoy coming to the home, where they benefit from many new experiences and activities." - Ofsted, 2019
- 7 day a week day care service
- Overnight short breaks 7 days
- Medium to long term residential care
- Holiday schemes non term time only
- Day trips to theme parks, zoos, seaside, bowling, cinema, local community events
- Arts and crafts, music, soft play, sensory play, toys, games, electronics
For information or a discussion about of fees and charges please contact Tony Lyseight-Goslin by email or telephone 0208 496 1435
- Sensory room
- Soft play room
- Activity room with DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) standard kitchen with adaptable height cooker/sink
- Large music room
- Large garden areas with upgraded playground equipment including floor level trampoline and swings and covered area
- Single occupancy en-suite bedrooms with both baths and showers available